A qualified nurse with over 35 years of experience
Shahla Saunders is a qualified RGN (Registered Nurse) and has been specialising in aesthetics and cosmetic surgery for over 35 years.
After gaining her nursing certificate, along with her operating course (ENB 118), she started her career in cardiac surgery at Harefield Hospital from 1980 to 1986 - mainly working in the newly formed Heart Transplant Unit with Magdi Yacoub and his team. Having furthered her career in the General Burns & Plastics Unit at Mount Vernon Hospital, Shahla went on to practice in the plastic surgery sector working for the London Clinic alongside top plastic surgeons. In 1995, she a gained her diploma in burns and plastics surgery from Buckinghamshire University.
During her history with medicine, Shahla has worked with prominent surgeons in the private sector but her interest in aesthetics lead her to form Forever Young Clinic.
Qualifications & Courses
Being actively engaged within the beauty and medical community, Shahla has a long background and a lot of experience in deciding what's right for you:
- 1980 — General Nursing Council for England and Wales certifies that Shahla Saunders (née Moody) has completed a post-certificate course approved by the Joint Board of Clinical Nursing studies. At Mount Vernon Hospital, Middlesex in Operating Department Nursing.
- 1980-86 — Cardiac and Thoracic Nursing Certificate while being a member of the Transplant Team at Harefield Hospital (Operating Department), London.
- 1986-88 — General and Plastic surgery in the Operating Theatres at the London Clinic, Devonshire Place, London.
- 1994 — English National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting certifies that Shahla Saunders (née Moody) has successfully completed a course in care and management of persons with Aids and HIV Related Conditions ENB (934)
- 1995 — English National Board for Nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting certifies that Shahla Saunders (née Moody) has successfully completed level 1 in General Nursing.
- 1996 — English National Board for nursing, Midwifery and Health Visiting certifies that Shahla Saunders (née Moody) has successfully completed a course in Burns and Plastic surgery nursing. ENB (264).
- 1999-2005 — Operating Department, Thames Valley Nuffield Hospital.
- 2000-2004 — Burns and Plastic Unit, Plastics Theatres, Mount Vernon Hospital.
- 2002 — Educational Programme on the subject of Hylaform gel and Collagen replacement. 7th November.
- 2003 — Specialist Training Course for the use of Restylane, Perlane and Non-animal stabilized Hyaluronic acid. 21st May.
- 2003 — Inamed Aesthetics certifies that Shahla Saunders has participated in an educational programme on the subject of Compositum Cold Link Gel Peels. 13th July.
- 2003 — Certificate of attendance for the Adult Basic Life Support Session. 24th September.
- 2003 — Botulinum toxin (Botox) training by Dr. Eccelson, Birmingham. 19th December.
- 2004 — LCN Permanent Make up certifies that Shahla Saunders (née Moody) has successfully completed the LCN permanent Make up training. 3rd September.
- 2004 — Q-MED certifies that Shahla Saunders (née Moody) has successfully completed the Q-MED Advanced training course for use of the Restylane range. 8th September
- 2004 — Interderm Clinical Ltd certifies that Shahla Saunders (née Moody) attended a cosmetic laser workshop held at The Royal College of General Practitioners, Princess Gate, London. 10th October.
- 2004 — LCN Certificate in Make Up Art. 25th October.
- 2004 — LCN Body Art Seminar, Certificate in Semi-permanent Body Art. 26th October.
- 2004 — Environ certifies Shahla Saunders (née Moody) on achieving the diploma in using Environ products. November 2004.
- 2005 — Certificate from Q-Med regarding Facial Fillers and Facial Artistry, at the Royal College of Physicians, London. 14th September.
- 2005 — Certificate of attendance for training for Gas Sage with Medical Gasses. Safety awareness session given by BOC Medical. 14th October.
- 2006 — LCN Certificate of attendance for Foundation Gel Training. 24th April.
- 2006 — Nouveau Lashes, certificate of achievement on successfully completing training in Extension Lashes. 19th June.
- 2006 — Certificate for Advanced Permanent Make-Up covering advanced techniques for eye liner, brow definition, lip shading, & full lip colour. 22nd May.
- 2007 — Q-MED Certificate for completion of advanced Restylane range training. 11th October.
- 2007 — Certificate of attendance for advanced seminar of cosmetic medical procedures for anti-ageing and rejuvenation. Glancey Medical Associates. 23rd April.
- 2007 — Medik8 Dermatician Training. 19th March.
- 2007 — Q-MED Certificate for Restylane Vital injection techniques. 2nd July.
- 2008 — Q-MED Certificate for Restylane Vital advanced injection techniques. 13th November.
- 2008 — Q-MED Certificate for Advanced Restylane product usage. 13th March.
- 2008 — Q-MED Certificate of attendance for Tear Trough training. Q-MED HQ. 3rd April.
- 2009 — Certificate of attendance for Q-MED One day Restylane Lip workshop. 22nd January.
- 2009 — Certificate of Attendance for the scientific programme of anti-aging medicine World Congress and Medispa, Monte Carlo, Principaute de Monaco. 19th-21st March.
- 2009 — Certificate for a Facial Master Class by Dr. Koenraad de Boulle at Allergan. 15th April.
- 2009 — Certificate of attendance on Surviving the Economy and Advanced Injection techniques by Dr. Mauricio de Maio held at the Royal College of Physicians, London. 23rd June.
- 2009 — Q-MED Certificate for the Restylane Lidocain product range. Q-MED HQ. 25th June.
- 2009 — LCN Certificate in High Definition Brow Styling. October.
- 2009 — Certificate of attendance for a course on Mesotherapy for cellulite and localised fat. 22nd November.
- 2009 — Certificate of attendance on the Sculptra Advanced training course by Dr. D. Vleggaar. 6th February.
- 2010 — Certificate of training by Minx, creative transfers for toes. 31st October.
- 2010 — Environ certificate for Dermroller Training & advanced dermo-cosmetic and dermalogical research-based products. 2nd September.
- 2010-2011 — Currently studying for the V300, Nurse Independant Prescriber course at De Montfort University.